Friday, April 1, 2016

My own biggest collector...

Princess Me ATC 2016
I may have mentioned this in my blog sometime ago but I'll mention it again since I'm rather irregular when it comes to maintaining this site, I'm my own biggest collector.  It frustrates me that I have no collectors but I'll be brief on my current ventures.

After a few short years of working at McDonald's, I resigned to take care of my kids while my husband trained for his new position and we tried to sell our house.  After just over six months, we have an accepted offer and our waiting on the buyers final financial commitment.  Meanwhile, we found a house closer to where my husband works and the sellers have accepted our offer.  Here's the tricky part.  Life doesn't always follow along smoothly so instead, we are closing on our house in 25 days but can't close on our new house until June 1st.  Don't worry though.  We have a place that we will rent for the month or so in between.

Plywood cow for June Dairy Days
So that helps to explain most of my absence but not all.  I entered a couple of call to artist and helped out family with another cow pictured on the  (not the Fiberglas cows thankfully). I still create numerous artist trading cards (ATC) and have a stack of 280 or more thus the reason for my blog title.  The small format is convenient for me and sometimes my kids are interested in working with me.  Small works of art is pretty popular all over the art world and not just the 4x6 format.  I have done some research on inchies and twinchies (http://www.inchiearts.com/).  The research can consume whatever time I have left over in a day.


 
 Greenville, North Carolina Call to Artist Submission


So please enjoy my latest creations. I used acrylic paint on the plywood cow, collage on the art submission I posted, and paint chips for the opening ATC.  Below is another ATC achievement done in permanent and felt tip markers.  Always find a way to do what you love.


Butterfly ATC 2016

 ~Just Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment