Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sea Turtle Mail Art and a Zazzling Experience

It's been over a year since I've posted anything here.  This hasn't been by choice but more because life just happened.

I've been trying to update my artwork and find venues to showcase it.  Most of the art I've been creating is just to keep me making something.  I have other ideas but I just need to sit down, do some sketches, and create the final product.  For now, I'm sharing what I have been doing.

First, I'm designing on Zazzle.  I started this sometime ago but now I'm pulling images I created from my past, updating them, and putting them on products. Take look, like the products, and purchase if you choose to at Ohbyoh.  I enjoy it and will continue to update my stores.

Second, I'm still selling on eBay.  I think I've sold over ten of my artist cards.  Choosing categories for my work can be tricky since many items fit in more than one category; causing me to experiment with different listing categories if I sell "like" items.  I took a break from Christmas until the beginning of this month so that I could regroup and focus on my family.  I was also working on the Zazzle designs.  Any interest in my eBay items can follow ohbyohdesigns and check back periodically for new work.

Finally, I'm working on postcards for exhibition and trading.  Not as easy as I thought it was going to be but I can happily send the first one through the mail tomorrow.  Turquoise is a blog that is sharing all postcards sent.  There's no entry fee other than postage.  Feel free to browse the beautiful creations already submitted and see more information on Facebook at Turquoise: Mail Art Call. While your at it; take a look at the coordinator's art work, Mori Art: Moo.  The following is my sea turtle submission for this wonderful experience.  It turned into more a challenge than I had figured.  Time to mail it out.

Sea Turtle In Progress  I was frustrated with the texture and trying to get it right.


Sea Turtle in Turquoise I finished this just moments ago.  Done in watercolors, permanent markers, and pastels. Ready for postage.

No comments:

Post a Comment